Q: Mudguard destroyed under my left front bumper

Hi. While I was driving home, I accidentally hit a stray dog which caused a huge and deep dent on my left front bumper. The fog light and mudguard have also been damaged. I'm just wondering if it is okay to still use my car (while waiting for my insurance company to fix it) even if the mudguard on the left front bumper is destroyed. Thanks in advance

A: Hello, thanks for writing in about your 201...

Hello, thanks for writing in about your 2016 Hyundai Accent. You will be ok driving it around. Your mudguard does not serve a critical function that would otherwise prevent you from driving your car safely. If you'd like some peace of mind, consider having your vehicle inspected by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.