Q: Once battery is charged Is it ok to drive car about ten miles to take car to shop due to steering whee failing because of the alte

asked by on October 08, 2017

My car needs new alternator but the power steering failed due the alternator failing I charged up battery and need to know if it will be safe to drive car to car shop now

Alternator Replacement $151.62 - $1237.14 Get a Quote

Hi Jennifer. Thanks for contacting us tonight. If the power steering system is not working correctly, we can’t recommend driving the vehicle to a repair shop - even if it’s just a 10-minute drive. If you’d like to have a professional mechanic come to your location to replace the alternator and diagnose the power steering issue, we’d be happy to help. In fact, it’s likely going to be less expensive to have our mobile mechanics complete this service for you. You can request an estimate for this service by clicking this link.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr