Q: My battery light keeps coming on and radio went off and on then off completely then car lost power toyota avalon 2000

So my battery light keeps coming on and engine light went off for 2 days I was driving home and engine light came on battery light came on brake light came on then my radio went off and then my car started losing power and I parked car and it wouldn't start called a friend and had them jump start it and it started and I drove home Is it battery or alternator both checked out fine wen I had it checked

Hello. If the engine will not stay running then the alternator is bad. The battery will also need to be load tested as a bad alternator can also cause the battery to fail.

When I come across this problem I always check the alternator and battery, as well as all of the connection first. Most of the time just the alternator needs to be replaced.

If you want to have your battery light diagnosed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this issue.

• My battery light keeps coming on and radio went off and on then off completely then car lost power toyota avalon 2000