Q: Does this vehicle have shocks or struts 1997 Chevy Malibu

asked by on July 11, 2017

Does a 1997 Chevy Malibu have shocks or struts for shock absorbing?

This vehicle will have struts in front and back suspension.

I recently replaced the radiator and thermostat and bled the lines now my car is overheating and I'm trying to find out if it's th

You should be able see the fluid circulating with the cap off. Begin with a cool engine, take the cap off and allow the engine to warm up to normal temperature. When the thermostat opens, you should be able to...

Car will stall out at random while driving?

Hey there. While it has been some time since I worked on one of these early CCC vehicles, the first place I would look is the carburetor itself. If the vehicle idles fine but stalls or hesitates when hitting...

2012 chevy sonic thermostat repair cost

Hi There, When the thermostat is stuck open, this can cause problems with the engine never reaching the proper operating temperature as you may know. While the thermostat remains stuck open, this allows coolant to pass through the motor unregulated...

Radiator

If the car was not overheating prior to installing the new radiator, it is possible there was air trapped. There are air purge points (little bolts that are cross drilled) at high points in the system that are opened when...

Loud knocking noise while driving

Hello. If the noise is occurring when driving and going over bumps, then it may be a suspension part. Most of the time on this car, it is caused by a failing suspension strut. The struts will fail and not...

Car won't crank or start

Hello. If the engine will not try to turn over at all then the power to the start needs to be checked. If there is power to the starter and it is just not turning the engine then there may...

I have a 2005 Chevy Equinox and yesterday leaving work when I started my car none of my gages work, the airbag light is on, my rad

Given the number of electrical items (the dash gauges) that are not functioning, there is possibly a common wiring or device (relay for instance) failure. Basically, to diagnose something like this you power the circuit "on" and then with the...

2003 chevy tahoe oil leak

When determining where an oil leak is coming from, it is best to follow the oil up and towards the front of the vehicle. Gravity and inertia from the vehicle moving forward causes the oil to drop down and fall...

My 2001 chevy venture shuts off on me at random times . A couple of days the check engine light was on so we hooked the computer u

It's not unusual for code P0420 to come on, stay on for even a few days, and then just disappear. Then, months later, it might happen again (i.e., appear and disappear). If this is the circumstances you face, I would...