Q: Heard a loud bang when I turned on my car yesterday. 2007 Volvo XC90

asked by on December 05, 2016

heard a loud bang when I turned on my car yesterday. Turned it off and on and it didn't do it again. Has done this 2 times already. The car is driving okay and there are no warning lights but I'm concerned it could be something important.

Hi there - this is highly unusual behavior, and should be checked out immediately. Check for problem codes, even if the Check Engine light is not yet on. This is a misfire condition due to an over-rich condition, possibly due to ignition timing problems. I would recommend an engine inspection ](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/engine-is-misfiring-inspection) by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.