Q: Car backfires

asked by on February 11, 2016

Engine backfiring usually indicated flooding from the carburetor on older cars. Sometimes the needle and seat in the carburetor stick and cause it to flood fuel into the engine. I would recommend having a technician from YourMechanic come out and inspect the carburator and possibly adjust it as needed.

Engine backfiring usually indicates flooding from the carburetor on older cars. Sometimes the needle and seat in the carburetor stick and cause it to flood fuel into the engine. I would recommend having a technician from YourMechanic come out and inspect the backfiring issue and possibly adjust your carburetor as needed.