Q: Hood alarm sensor problem

The alarm is going off, and I frequently see an "Open Bonnet" error message on the dash. I have researched this, and it says the problem is the hood alarm sensor.

You are right - this is the hood sensor that is causing this. This is very common, especially if the vehicle has never been in an accident. The switch typically is what is failing, but the hood may need to be realigned. I typically check the hood alignment first, but if this is fine, then I go ahead and replace the switch. If you need to have this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician will be able to come to your home or office to have this repaired for you.