Q: I just used semi synthetic oil instead of full synthetic in my 1996 lincoln town car executive

asked by on June 08, 2017

I bought a used lincoln town car executive and the manual said synthetic oil should be used but I just had an oil change using high mileage semi synthetic oil. Should I have any concerns about using this other oil instead of the full synthetic oil? The car has over 200,000 miles on it.

Hi there. If you asked this question about 10 years ago - then yes, you might have issues with seals or gaskets wearing prematurely. However, as technology has improved, the gap between semi-synthetic and full synthetic is not as big. You should be just fine without having problems.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr