Q: Idler pulley for surpentene belt fell off

I dont see the bolt that holds the pulley on. maybe the bad pulley stipped the threads so the bolt fell out. If so; will I need a new bracket that holds the pulley?. what is it called? how do I find this bracket and bolt At the parts store? What do I ask for?.

Hello. If the bolt is gone then it either broke or loosened. If it simply fell out then the bracket is fine. I usually check the bracket hole to make sure that the threads are still there. If the threads are there then this will be an easy fix. If the threads are gone or if the bolt is broken in the bracket, then the bracket will need to be replaced. It is simply called the alternator bracket. You will more than likely need to purchase this from a wrecking yard due to the age of the vehicle. If you want to have this broken idler pulley fixed, consider having a technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to diagnose the issue and replace the idler pulley if necessary.