car keeps overheating can't drive to far without it overh...

Q: car keeps overheating can't drive to far without it overheating and before problem the radiator fan kept running when car off

asked by on July 13, 2017

My car keeps over heating, I have put coolant in it and it didn't solve the problem. I can't drive for more than 2 miles without my car overheating. I even have to turn my key for about 5 seconds before it even starts after the car sits for a while. And before the overheating problem occurred after driving my car the fan kept running even when the car is turned off.

Be sure not to drive the car if it is overheating because overheating can warp the cylinder head and/or engine block causing costly damage. The most common causes of overheating include low coolant level, a faulty thermostat, a plugged radiator, a faulty radiator pressure cap, collapsed hoses, non functioning cooling fans, and a faulty water pump or drive belt. Certain engine faults, such as a leaking head gasket, poor engine running condition, and exhaust blockages can also cause overheating. If you desire that the overheating problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this investigated and resolved for you promptly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.