How do I turn on the front passenger air bags? air bags c...

Q: How do I turn on the front passenger air bags?

How do I turn on the front passenger air bags?

The front passenger air bags will automatically turn on when an adult-sized person is detected in the passenger seat. This will be displayed by the illuminated word ON on the PASSENGER AIR BAG control on the center console. However, it is possible for the air bag to not be on, even when an adult-sized person is in the passenger seat. If this is the case, the word OFF will be displayed on the control. If the air bag control is not detecting the person in the passenger seat, do not drive the vehicle. Instead, do the following:

1. Turn off the car.

2. Remove all items from the seat, other than the passenger.

3. Restore the passenger seat to the standard, upright position.

4. Make sure the passenger is sitting upright in the seat.

5. Turn on the vehicle, wait for the air bag control to signal ON, and then keep the person and the seat in the same position for one minute. After one minute, the passenger can adjust their seat and sitting position, and the air bag will stay on.