Q: Mitsubishi Triton 4D56 - Engine Light and no start

Hi, i have trouble in mitsubishi triton single cab. 4D56 engine (turbo without intercooler). This car not use throtle (TPS), not use MAS/MAF sensor. Common rail sistem. Engine light on, problem is P1210 intake valve for cylinder shoot-off short to B+. So this car engine cant on. But intake if i give gasoline engine can on. I reset trouble come again. So how to fix it? Please help me. Thanks

Hey there. This code suggests that the intake throttle valve is not functioning correctly. When you say you give it gas and it starts, does this mean you are opening the throttle valve and putting gas into the engine manually? This would suggest that you may not be getting enough fuel pressure.

Since this is a common rail system and the rail is where the high pressure fuel is stored, I would recommend testing the fuel pressure to see if it is getting enough pressure to operate the injectors properly. Also, be sure to test the power to the injectors to be sure that they are receiving the proper signal from the ECU. To have this taken care of, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to the car’s location to diagnose and repair the no-start and Check Engine Light.

3. Mitsubishi Triton 4D56 - Engine Light and no start