Q: where is the crankshaft positioncensor. located on a 2001 Alero

asked by on April 24, 2017

Where is the crankshaft. Position. Censor located exactly in my car

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replacement $105.83 - $832.44 Get a Quote

If you have the 4 cylinder engine, the sensor is mounted in a hole in the engine block that is accessible once you remove the right wheel/tire assembly. If you have the 6 cylinder engine, to get to the sensor and replace it you have to remove the harmonic balancer/flywheel pulley and you will see the sensor screwed into the timing cover. If you suspect this component has failed, a certified mechanic can be dispatched to test the sensor output, and if it has failed replace it. The service to request is crankshaft position sensor replacement. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr