Q: The car idles and stalls in cold weather conditions only, or if i don't heat it up all the way in cold weather conditions.

What could be the the problem if the car stalls and idles in only cold weather conditions?

Hello there. Many common faults will cause your 2012 Mazda 3 to idle poorly and stall in cold weather. The most common faults would be the coolant temperature sensor, stuck open thermostat, radiator, water pump, MAF sensor, or a wiring harness fault. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your vehicle’s rough running problem firsthand and perform any repairs required to resolve the issue.

• The car idles and stalls in cold weather conditions only, or if i don't heat it up all the way in cold weather conditions.