Q: My 2006 Dodge Charger failed emissions twice. The first time for MIL Command status and second time for KOER Result

Check engine light keeps coming on. Can’t pass inspection because KOER Result and MIL Command Status. I replaced battery flex pipe and gas cap. Light turned off when battery got replaced but it’s now back on. What could be the issue?

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

The underlying fault depends on exactly which codes have been stored by your vehicle’s OBD-II system. Those codes can be downloaded using a hand-held scanner but then each code has to be separately diagnosed, that is parts have to be tested. Merely reading the codes is not sufficient to pinpoint, or diagnose, the fault. The reason the check engine light is on is those codes have been stored and, again, should be downloaded and followed up on with a proper diagnostic. If you like, you can request a check engine light diagnostic and a certified mechanic from YourMechanic would use a code scanner to retrieve the specific diagnostic trouble code(s) from your car’s PCM that have caused the check engine light to illuminate. Using those codes, the appropriate individual vehicle components or sub-systems (often a sensor, circuit, and the like) are then carefully tested, based on specifications set forth in your car’s Factory Service Manual, to pinpoint the cause of the fault or the reason why the check engine light has illuminated. Once the faulty part or component is identified, it is explained to your satisfaction and the mechanic will let you know of the cost to repair. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My 2006 Dodge Charger failed emissions twice. The first time for MIL Command status and second time for KOER Result