Q: My service light says service temp. What do I need to look for?

asked by on November 07, 2016

Service light said service temp I have no ac or heat why is that?

Coolant is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. A low coolant level can illuminate the service light and create the heating and AC problem you have described. Check the coolant level while the engine is cold and top it off as necessary. Also, look around the engine bay for any obvious signs of a coolant leak (a pressure test is superb at finding leaks). I strongly suggest having a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, perform an inspection to diagnose any coolant leaks so you can avoid any unnecessary part replacements.