Q: When doing a radiator flush - do you need to replace the thermostat or any other components of the cooling system

When doing a radiator flush - how often should the belts , thermostat etc be replaced ?

Doing a radiator flush does not require any other component to be replaced. However, if the system has a lot of debris and scale in it, the thermostat may need to be replaced if it gets clogged or corroded. The serpentine belt should be replaced when it has cracks and has pieces missing from it. If you want to have your radiator flushed or your AC inspected, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location perform these services for you.

• When doing a radiator flush - do you need to replace the thermostat or any other components of the cooling system