Q: What does it mean if the Electronic Power Steering indicator comes on in the dash?

What does it mean if the Electronic Power Steering indicator comes on in the dash?

A: Your car is equipped with an electronic pow...

Your car is equipped with an electronic power steering system (EPS). This is very different from a conventional hydraulic system. If the Electronic Power Steering indicator in the dash comes on, there’s something wrong with the system. Here’s what you need to do:

1. Pull over somewhere safe

2. Turn off the engine

3. Start the engine again

4. If the EPS light comes back on and stays on, you need to have the car inspected

Tip

If you rev the engine while it’s idling, the EPS light may come on. It should go out shortly afterward.