Q: Car won't turn over

My car won't turn over. AAA mechanics think it is the fuel filter or fuel pump. It was very low on gas the last time that it started. The battery died in an effort to get the car to start.

Hi. A bad fuel pump or clogged filter will keep your car from running, but not from turning over. The low battery might be the reason the car does not turn over. A charged battery will be necessary to properly diagnose your vehicle. Because of all the variables involved in a situation like this, it is best to seek help from a qualified mechanic for an accurate diagnosis. There are so many things that can cause a no start in a vehicle that it would be very difficult to pin point with such limited information. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the no start condition and suggest an appropriate repair.

3. Car won't turn over