Q: I

Why is my a/c warm at random, I note that If I turn the car off it gets cold again. I though I smelled what appeared to be mold too?The Avalon has 38K just got it.

A: Hello there, a few things can cause the AC ...

Hello there, a few things can cause the AC to intermittently work. The most common would be the AC condenser, AC fan, low Freon, or a failing temperature control module.

Depending on how humid your area is, mold growing in the AC ducting is not uncommon. Mold forms often with cars with the automatic temperature cars where the fan is left on re-circulation at all times. If you decide to get this fixed, I'd recommend getting some help from a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who will be able to diagnose your AC fault and perform any repairs required.