Q: Burns a quart every 1500 miles

Car burns about a quart or oil every 1500 miles. What could it be? Is there a fix or will the engine need rebuilt most likely?

A: Your engine oil usage is considered normal ...

Your engine oil usage is considered normal when you ask a dealer or manufacturer. They will tell you that one quart for every 750 miles is considered okay by their standards.

Has your Accord always used this much oil, or has the oil consumption increased recently? I would recommend getting the combustion chamber and injectors cleaned, and then try running an oil additive like Marvel Mystery Oil in the engine oil, and some in the fuel tank. The additive will help clean sticking valves free, oil control rings and compression rings, and help clean the engine. Try doing this after your next oil change and you should see improvements to your oil consumption.

If the engine continues to use too much oil, then consult a mechanic to diagnose your oil consumption irregularity for any possible causes like broken rings or clogged PCV systems.