Q: Engine misfiring on cylinders 2, 4, or 6

My car’s engine is acting like it is misfiring on any of these cylinders: 2, 4, and 6. When I examined the spark plugs they all had the .040 gap. Some of the plugs seemed a bit loose. I fixed that and the car is still misfiring. I’m not sure where to look next for problems. I’m considering changing the spark coil and spark plugs at the same time. I am spending too much extra money on gas so I really need to find a solution. Do you think the spark coils and plugs are the problem or is it something else?

Hello. There is a possible recall for the ignition control module on your vehicle. You will need to contact a GM dealer and see if your vehicle is on the recall list for the recall [03v231000](http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchResults?searchType=ID&targetCategory=R&searchCriteria.nhtsa_ids=03V231000\) ignition control module failure. The ignition coils may still be bad with the module.

3. Engine misfiring on cylinders 2, 4, or 6