Q: Why is my car sputtering? 2005 Saturn Ion

My car sputtering it fixed its self before will it do it again, sputtering and flashing engine light

A: Hi there - a car that sputters may have an ...

Hi there - a car that sputters may have an ignition misfire, or a fuel supply issue causing this behavior. You mentioned the Check Engine Light is on - getting the problem codes is task #1. The problem codes will save money and speed up diagnosis by pointing more closely to the source of the problem. Most auto parts stores will read the codes for you for free. If this resource is not available to you, one of our mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, will come to your location, diagnose your sputtering/rough running condition, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs. Best of luck.