Q: Fuel pressure low

I have replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter, and checked the spark plugs, and distributor cap. The car still starts, but when I checked the valve pin on the fuel rail, it didn't shoot fuel out of the valve. It only seeps or one drop of fuel will come out. I assume there is no pressure on the fuel line. All of the wiring checked out, so I can't figure what is wrong.

A: Hi! I would recommend having a technician d...

Hi! I would recommend having a technician double check the fuel pump, filter, fuel lines, fuel related wiring, and fuses. It’s always best to double check components pertaining to an initial concern in case something was missed. Also, there is a strong possibility of a restricted fuel line given the age of the vehicle. I would also test the crank position sensor because it is integrated into the fuel supply system. The computer uses the crank position sensor to gauge how much fuel the engine needs. If the sensor is malfunctioning the computer wont supply the proper fuel amounts or at worst may not supply fuel at all. A technician, such as the ones at YourMechanic, will be capable of inspecting your lines for any restrictions and check to see if previously installed components are functioning correctly.