Q: Where do I find the vehicle identification number?

Where do I find the vehicle identification number?

Your car has a unique identification number that’s used for a number of different purposes, from the car’s title to your insurance and much more. The vehicle identification number (VIN) is sort of like your car’s fingerprint, and you’ll need it many times throughout your ownership. You can find it on most of your vehicle records, but you should also be able to find it on the car.

You’ll find the VIN in two places on your Altima. The first is on the dash above the steering wheel (it’s very close to the windshield). The second place is under the passenger side seat (the chassis number).