Q: Car cranks more times than normal before starting.

My car cranks a few more times than normal before starting, but I wouldn't consider it to be excessive cranking. I have cycled the key between "on" and "off" a few times without starting the vehicle and that seems to fix it, which leads me to believe it is the fuel regulator. Is this worth looking in to more?

If the engine is not starting as readily as it used to, there is something wrong. There are many causes of hard starting but illustrative ones are a faulty engine coolant temperature switch (sensor), worn spark plugs, inadequate fuel delivery or pressure (e.g., clogged fuel filter), dirty fuel injectors, contaminated or old gasoline, malfunctioning idle air control valve, poor engine compression, and so forth. You can identify the specific cause of the issue that you are writing in about by requesting a hard starting diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.