Q: I think my hybrid battery is dead in my 2007 Altima , should I just get rid of the car ?

asked by on October 26, 2017

I was having issues with my car starting for a while. Then I finally went & got a new battery. A few weeks later I would turn the car on & then the entire car would shake & it would say the hybrid battery was off. Now , it won't start at all.

I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to test the hybrid battery to determine whether or not it needs to be replaced. As you know, these can be very expensive to replace. In some cases, the hybrid batteries are able to be recharged, however this is not always possible depending on the ability of the battery to hold and maintain the charge.