Q: Mopar remote starter troubleshooting

asked by on November 27, 2016

When I press my Mopar remote starter, my jeep attempts to start, but it cannot fully turn on the engine. It acts like the car in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Yy0TWRHaQg, but my engine does not stay on as long. I have no problems starting my Jeep manually. The remote starter is not in service mode and the engine hood is closed. I tried to reprogram the tach rate, but was not able to do so. Any suggestions?

I would recommend tracking down a wiring diagram for this vehicle to determine if any damaged wires exist. This wiring diagram will also tell you the location of the remote start control module. This module is like a small computer that is responsible for controlling the remote start system. This module essentially acts as the brain of the remote start system. If this module has failed, the system will malfunction and perform improperly. If any damaged wires are found related to the remote start system, I would recommend repairing those first. Then if the control module turns out to be faulty, I would recommend having it replaced and reprogrammed if necessary. The first step to take in this situation would be to have an inspection performed on the remote start system by a qualified professional who is proficcient in remote start system diagnosis.