Q: My truck will crank but won't start.

I recently did an engine over haul. After putting everything back together my engine will crank but not start. I have tried resetting the distributer, finding Top Dead Center again, checking spark, and fuel intake but still nothing. Also, I have a line on the back on the engine by the transmission that I have no idea what it plugs to. Things replaced: - rear main seal - oil pump - clutch - throw out bearing - pressure plate - pilot bearing - control arm bearing - oil pan gasket - starter - slave cylinder - clutch master cylinder - water pump - harmonic balance - power steering pump - distributer - distributer cap - rotor - plugs - wires - get valve - ignition oil - head gasket - heads reworked - piston rings

A: Hi there: Anytime you complete wholesale c...

Hi there:

Anytime you complete wholesale changes as you have on your Chevrolet C1500, it’s more than likely that you’ll experience electrical glitches which will cause the issues you’re experiencing. It’s possible that a ground wire or other electrical sensor was not correctly installed, or that the ignition timing is not properly set. To know for sure, a professional mechanic would have to complete a car is hard to start inspection physically; as it’s very difficult to pinpoint a starting issue without actually inspecting the vehicle.