Q: How much would it cost me to get the whole electronic throttle control system fixed?

asked by on May 07, 2017

My ETC light is on and it flashes when the car is running. I just would like to know how much it would cost to get the wiring done from the throttle body and the gas pedal. Also I bought the car from Auburn Way autos about 2-3 months ago and on the 2nd day I called them to have them check it and fix it and they chose not to. It is missing 5 bolts in the transmissions. Need to know so I know how much I need to spend.

Hi there. Although this is not a service our mobile mechanics can offer, replacing the electrical harnesses that impact the operation of the throttle body and electronic throttle control on your 2008 Jeep is a pretty delicate process and can be rather pricey. A local Jeep specialist would be better suited to provide you with an accurate estimate. I would recommend first trying to diagnose why the ETC light is always illuminated. There could be a vacuum leak somewhere. In addition, a relearn procedure must be performed after replace the ETC actuator. It’s possible that if the actuator was replaced, this step was missed. The the ECU reprogram would be completed by an authorized Jeep repair center or dealership, they are most likely your best option here. Best of luck to you.