Q: Coolant leak and squealing noise

My car has been making squealing noise. And it also leaked coolant.

A: The water pump on your engine is a common f...

The water pump on your engine is a common failure. The seal, or the bearings can squeak when it is going bad. If the bearings have total failure, the water impeller could contact the engine block and make a significant noise. Coolant leaking onto the drive belt could make it slip and squeal as well. In any case, if you are leaking coolant, the car needs to be looked at right away. Have a mechanic locate and repair your coolant leaks and inspect your squealing noise in order to have this issue taken care of right away.