Q: I HAVE A 2009 SRX V6

asked by on February 26, 2017

I HAVE A 2009 SRX V6 THAT I JUST BOUGHT WHEN GOING INTO DRIVE I GET A LOUD POP FROM THE BACK OF THE CAR GOT UNDER TODAY AND LOOK TO SEE WERE IT WAS COMEING FROM FROM WHAT I CAN TELL ITS WERE THE DRIVE SHAFT CONNECTS TO THE REAR END ANY IDEA WHAT I COULD BE I DID TAKE A VIDEO OF IT DOING IT WHILE THE WIFE PUT IT IN DRIVE

Between the drive shaft and the yoke into the differential is a u-joint. Based on your description that joint may be faulty and in need of replacement. To have that component inspected, and replaced if necessary, please request universal joint service and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.