Q: leaky power steering pump, steering wheel will not turn

i have been trying to figure out where a leak was coming from, seems that the steering pump is leaking, just before i found out where the leak was, i started the jeep to go somewhere and the steering wheel would not turn, with more looking i finally figured out the steering pump was leaking....is it possible that the gear in the steering case is locked up or now broken?

Hello. It could be possible that the steering gear or power steering pump have seized and are no longer functioning. In most cases of pump failure, the steering will still turn, however it will require increased effort due to the lack of powered assistance from the power steering system. If the steering wheel is now stuck, that could indicate the potential of a problem such as damage to the steering gear or linkage components. If the pump is leaking, I would start by addressing that first, as it will likely continue to leak until all of the fluid has been expelled, and may even be what is causing your steering wheel to get stuck. A professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can visit your location to replace your power steering pump.