Q: Truck makes loud noise when accelerating.

My truck is making a loud noise when I step on the gas pedal.

A: Hello. There are multiple things that may c...

Hello. There are multiple things that may cause loud noises when stepping on the gas pedal such as axles, valve lifters, and catalytic convertors. I suggest you have a technician inspect the vehicle since there are several things that may cause this noise. However on 1998-2002 Ford SUV's and trucks, the catalytic convertors are commonly known to become noisy under the exact circumstances you are describing. I strongly suggest having a qualified mechanic inspect your truck's noises, they will be able to accurately diagnose the issue.