Q: Truck makes loud noise when accelerating.

My truck is making a loud noise when I step on the gas pedal.

Noise from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. There are multiple things that may cause loud noises when stepping on the gas pedal such as axles, valve lifters, and catalytic convertors. I suggest you have a technician inspect the vehicle since there are several things that may cause this noise. However on 1998-2002 Ford SUV’s and trucks, the catalytic convertors are commonly known to become noisy under the exact circumstances you are describing. I strongly suggest having a qualified mechanic inspect your truck’s noises, they will be able to accurately diagnose the issue.