Q: Red light showing a car with a lock is on?

Red light came on and now the car won't turn over. Red light is a car with a lock.

Hi, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to help. This is your car immobilizer light that indicates the car is armed. The immobilizer, usually called Securi-Lock in Ford vehicles, is a passive anti-theft device that disables your vehicle’s ability to start without the key. If the car will now not start, this means there is something that has caused the immobilizer to be armed and not unarm itself when the key is present. After your vehicle is turned off, it’s normal for this light to continue flashing until you start it again. Also, if your vehicle is equipped with an alarm system, then this will sometimes mean that the alarm is active, if there isn’t a separate symbol for it on the dashboard. If this does not go away with your key being present, you will need to take it in to the Ford dealership to have the immobilizer shut off. Hope this helps and best of luck.

3. Red light showing a car with a lock is on?