Q: How do I turn on the sound system?

How do I turn on the sound system?

To turn on the sound system, simply press the power button. Press the button again to turn off the sound system.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr

Is replacing the transmission on a 1988 Toyota Corolla fx hatchback worth it? And can I replace transmission with a 1990 corolla?

Hi there. As long as the engines in the two Toyota's are identical in size and configuration, the compatibility of the two transmissions should work, however there are some risks with swapping out a transmission on an older vehicle like...

Car turns on and off. The brake and the steering wheel gets harder.

Hello, thanks for writing in. The P0171 is an indication of a lean mixture, which can be caused by an air leak in the intake (as you were advised), a borderline engine temp sensor reporting a warmer engine temperature than...

How do I reset the Uconnect phone system?

If you would like to delete all of the data and reset your Ucconect phone system, you can do so easily with these steps. Press the Uconnect phone button, located on the steering wheel or the center console. When...

my gas mileage is decreased and i have random misfires, noisy lifters when cold but noise goes away once fully warm . o2 sensor?

Hi there. Thanks for writing in to YourMechanic.com about your issues the Toyota is experiencing. It is possible that you have two, independent problems that are causing two unique symptoms; the random misfire and the fuel economy issue. Although faulty...

How do I clean the display screen?

Your display screen can easily become dirty or greasy, since it is a touch screen. To clean the display, simply rub a dry, very soft cloth over it. If that does not do the trick, dampen the cloth slightly and...

How do I check the engine oil?

Checking the engine oil is essential to maintain safe engine operation and longevity. Bad oil can give your engine problems. To check the oil. Ensure the vehicle is on a level surface and has been sitting for at least...

Dashboard is coming apart, really unsightly

There are many owner complaints that the leather covered dash has started to bubble and delaminate. However, you will most likely not see a recall as it does not present a safety issue. If you contact the dealer or manufacturer...

Heating works only on defrost and works only at high speed

A car that old is not going to have self diagnostics in the heat AC system. So you don't need to bother with checking codes. Most cars use engine vacuum to control the heater flaps, and the defrost is the...

Car turns off while driving

You will need to have the engine ignition spark checked to see if there is spark when it stalls and will not start. The most common cause is oil leaking into the distributor and shorting out the igniter and coil...