My car shakes really bad while in park, or when I mm brak...

Q: My car shakes really bad while in park, or when I mm braking.

asked by on July 20, 2017

My car shakes/vibrates really bad when I'm braking or while I'm sitting in park. I got a new fuel pump, battery, and CAM/CRANK shaft sensors. I've also had my transmission flushed, and a tune up. My car had never shook like this before. I want to find out what's making my car shake, and if it's worth putting more money into my car.

Shaking on braking is often due to warped brake rotors, thickness variation in the rotor or excessive rotor run-out on the wheel hub. If the engine is vibrating in Park, there is a motor mount fault and/or an engine management/tuning issue. All sources of vibration can be dealt with during a vehicle vibration diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this issue taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.