Q: Heater Core Replacement

I am having trouble finding the definite answer regarding if I actually have to pull the dash off to change the heater core. Based on the All Data diagrams it would appear that I don't have to, but i haven't been able to get the case off the core. The AutoZone data doesn't indicate a dash removal either. On the other hand, I have read several other items on the internet that state you do. Can you confirm that for me?

A: Hi, thanks for your question. I’d be happy ...

Hi, thanks for your question. I’d be happy to help. If you follow the direction to remove the heater core, you will have to remove the rear floor duct to remove heater core cover. To get the rear floor duct out of the way you will have to remove the carpet. To get the carpet out you have to remove all the seats. Then the carpet will be out of the way to remove the floor vent and give you the clearance you need. You will need to pull off left and right under dash trim covers as well. Hope this helps and best of luck.