Q: Smoke coming from dashboard

asked by on February 22, 2016

Smoke is coming out of the dashboard on both the driver's and passenger's side.

Smoke from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. Smoke coming from the dash can come from a number of places. If the smoke is more like steam and it causing mist in the vehicle then it may be a leaking heater core. If the heater core is leaking hot coolant into the interior then this will occur. If there is a sweat smell then that is another indication of the problem. If it is more of a burning smell then you have an electrical short and melting wiring. This can come from any aftermarket equipment that was installed or I have seen the blower motor resistor on this car fail and cause this. The dash may need to come apart to locate the problem. If you need to have this looked at by a professional, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your smoke issue and advise you on a repair.