Q: Power lock will lock passenger door but won't unlock them

Using switch or remote can lock passenger side doors but it won't unlock them what might be the problem

Hi there. There could be an issue with the power lock fob for your vehicle and may need replaced. If when you push on the unlock button and you don’t hear anything, then the button on the power lock fob stopped working. If you hear a grinding sound in the doors for a brief moment, then the actuators in the door are not working and need replaced. Most vehicles will default to unlock the driver door or all doors in the event the ignition is on and there is a power loss. Have someone in the vehicle and turn the key to the ON position. Remove the battery ground (-) cable and see if the door locks unlock. If they unlock, then the remote fob is not working. If the doors do not unlock and you hear a buzzing sound as the power is dropped, then the actuator has failed. If you need further assistance with your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you with your door locks not unlocking problem.