Q: When your power steering line that runs to the rack is stuck and will not turn with a wrench at all how do you remove ? 2004 Kia R

asked by on February 04, 2017

I can not get the line that runs from the pump to release so I can put my new rack in,i ts like it's seized to the power steering pump how do I get it changed w very limited space and it won't release?do I have to remove the engine?

I would recommend first removing the power steering pump. Then pull the power steering pump away from the engine as far as the connected power steering line will allow. Then I would use a torch on the flare nut of the line where it connects to the power steering pump. Once this has been done, the flare nut should release from the power steering pump. If not, unfortunately the line and the pump may require replacement as well.