Q: Car not changing gears

asked by on March 17, 2016

My car is not changing gears.

Shifter Interlock Solenoid Replacement $96.05 - $1115.92 Get a Quote

If the shifter will not move from park to another gear, you may have a problem with your shift lock solenoid. If the vehicle will go into drive but will not shift out of first gear, you may have internal transmission damage. I would recommend explaining your exact symptoms to a professional in order to proceed with diagnosis in the correct manner. Once your symptoms have been confirmed by the technician, you will know whether replacing the shift lock solenoid will fix the issue or if a transmission overhaul may be in order.