Q: Key and ignition locked. Anti theft car alarm went off trying to start the car

My cars ant theft alarm went off when I tried to start it. I didn't know it had one. Key difficult to Turn and start the car. Car alarm would go off not having done anything. Got it to work a few times enough to get home. Once home disconnected the battery and reconnected still did the same thing. Disconnected and reconnected anti theft devices and the battery again. Now the key won't turn at all, the ignition is locked. There is a blinking red light on the steering wheel mount when the problem first started yesterday. It blinks when I close the door and lock the car. Now when j enter the car and out the key in the light stays on and no blinking

Hello. From what you describe it would appear that your vehicle’s anti theft system may be having issues. If the light is staying on then that is a sign that the system is active and immobilizing the vehicle. If only need to deactivate the system, in most cases you should be able to do so by inserting the key into the driver’s side door, and turning the key to unlock it. If this does not deactivate the system then there may an issue with the anti theft system, perhaps with the module or another component. If you are unsure I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine what may be causing your malfunctions.

3. Key and ignition locked. Anti theft car alarm went off trying to start the car