Q: Screen on the dash goes black randomly

I have had the menu screen in my 2014 GMC Terrain go blank about 5 times now and I am starting to wonder what the issue is. The first time it happened I thought the screen broke. Now I am wondering what exactly is going wrong. Is this an electrical problem? Is the software screwed up? Battery issue? I don’t know where to start. This is a new car too, only 18k on the clock.

I hate to be the stereotypical dealer mechanic, but the issue may be “normal.” According to the GMC bulletin PIC6106, the display screen may reset during high load situations. This is considered normal and will most commonly happen during a long navigation route or when rerouting and can also be affected by bluetooth streaming or when a USB or Bluetooth device is syncing. There is no fix for it, just something unique to that system and does not indicate any other issues.

3. Screen on the dash goes black randomly