Q: There's a very loud clicking noise every few seconds from rear of car while driving

After a few minutes of driving, the car starts making a very loud clicking noise, like metal on metal while driving. The faster I go, the louder it is. It's while driving straight not turning. It's coming from, what sounds like, the rear driver side tire area. Sometimes it just clicks once every couple seconds, it it will be a constant click for a few seconds then stop. It's not while only accelerating, or only de-accelerating it's always.

Hi there. This type of clicking noise is typically an indication of a brake pad that is dragging on the rotor or wheel bearings that are damaged. Most of the time if the sound increases in speed as the vehicle will, and is consistent; it will be the wheel bearing that needs to be replaced. It is always a good idea to have a professional mechanic complete a car is making a noise inspection before investing money in repairs, so they can isolate the root source of the problem.

3. There's a very loud clicking noise every few seconds from rear of car while driving