Q: My 2009 Nissan Altima feels as if it is vibrating when at stoplight occasionally. What could be the cause?

My car feels as if the engine is vibrating at times when I am stopped at the stoplight. This does not occur when I am driving only after driving for a while and then I stop.

It could be that one or more motor mounts is getting tired. The Motor mounts are rubber to metal brackets, some of them have fluid capsules and they keep the engine in place while isolating the car from the normal vibration of it running. As they age, the rubber gets harder and you start to feel the vibration of the engine while you are at a stop. It’s a relatively simple fix, and you can have it conveniently done by contacting Your Mechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your vibration and let you know what it’s going to take to fix it.

3. My 2009 Nissan Altima feels as if it is vibrating when at stoplight occasionally. What could be the cause?