Q: 2009 Honda Accord EXL VSA an engine light still comes on after the crankshaft sensor was replaced. The inspections said it was the

asked by on October 13, 2017

I have had the crankshaft sensor replaced. The VSA and engine light keeps coming on. Please advise what could be the problem. The inspection said it was the crankshaft sensor only.

The VSA warning light means that there is a fault somewhere in the complex sensor system that makes the system work by regulating the engine’s output and selectively applying braking. There are wheel speed sensors, brake pressure modulators, interconnecting wiring and sensors, the control computer and so forth all of which are subject to malfunction. The only way to pinpoint the exact cause of the VSA malfunction is to perform a VSA/traction control system diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you promptly. With regard to the check engine light, there are hundreds of possible trouble codes that can cause the check engine light to illuminate. To determine exactly which code(s) have been stored, and to have the required diagnostic tests performed once the codes are known, please request a check engine light diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr