Q: Crankshaft sensor replacement - 2014 Toyota Avalon

Where is the crankshaft sensor located on the 2014 Avalon? I'm teting to replace myself.

The crankshaft position sensor is located on the drivers’ side, below the exhaust manifold. It is about half way down the the engine block and is below the the first and second exhaust ports. You will need to measure the resistance in order to test the crankshaft sensor.

The crankshaft sensor specifications are:

14 to 122 degrees Fahrenheit = 1630 to 2740 ohms 122 to 212 degrees Fahrenheit = 2065 to 3225 ohms

If you run into any issues, have one of our mobile technicians come out to you and ensure a proper installment of the crankshaft position sensor.