Q: Battery light on dashboard?

Battery died couple of time, had it jump start and noticed a whining jet engine sound, and burnt smell when I opened the hood. Everything was fine then I heard the whining sound again, and now the battery light is on.

A: The noise and <a href='https://www.yourmech...

The noise and burning smell is most likely from the alternator. Have the battery checked to make sure it is okay. Once that is done, check and replace the alternator if necessary. If you need some help with these checks, contact a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, to diagnose your Battery Light and help you fix it accordingly.