Q: My Check Engine Light turns on and off, and the Service Traction Light is on

asked by on October 19, 2016

And it shakes and acts like it is going to cut off.

Battery light came on went and bought a new battery battery light comes on about 1 minute after starting car.

The alternator on this vehicle is computer controlled and if the alternator is not communicating to the computer then it may default to a set charging rate that will show up as good when testing using standard methods. The computer...

What happen s when when my 2013 Chevy impala say reduce power engine light

The issue you are writing in about is common enough that a specific diagnostic, namely a reduced engine power diagnostic is performed by technicians dispatched by YourMechanic. If you request that diagnostic, the responding certified mechanic will get this issue...

Oxygen sensor

Hi There, As you may know, code P0430 relates to the catalytic converter not performing as it should. When the catalytic converter internals deteriorate, it is usually a result of the engine running too rich resulting in the exhaust gases...

Check engine and VSA light is on and car is shaking at stops

Hello there. Many different faults will cause your check engine light to flash and VSA light to be on with your 2007 Honda CRV. When the check engine light is flashing this is indicating that a fault has the potential...

Horn stopped working.

The horn is powered by the fuse you changed out. The control is the horn button and it goes through the steering wheel and clock spring behind the steering wheel. The horn relay gets power from the fuse and control...

over the last 2 months I started hearing this knocking noise that has gotten louder and my steering wheel kinda shakes.

A real shop would perform a 75 point inspection while the car is in their care. If they see that you need tires and struts on the second approach, then they are not a real shop. The noise that you...

air conditioner started making loud screeching noise and started only blowing hot air, then the noise stopped but still only blows

The noise is possibly from a failed compressor clutch or the compressor itself is faulty. Another possibility is the pulley bearing on the front of the compressor has failed. The issue should be fairly evident to the inspecting mechanic after...

Lights come up on the dash all the time

These systems do work in tandem with each other but are two separate systems that would both need to be checked for problems. Contact YourMechanic to test and diagnose both lights coming on to see if from a common condition...

Do I need to replace the engine fuse box or is there and easier fix that is less expensive?

The different models for those two years are not interchangeable for fuse box swaps. Your only way to fix the problem is to replace the fuse box if the pins cannot be tightened up. If you need some assistance...